Wednesday, March 28, 2007

caught off gaurd?

Just as I begin to think that I'll never find anyone that is interested in me when I am interested in them..... someone comes along. On New Year's Eve '06 I met a very nice guy. We partied and drank together, and when it was time to go to bed (at 8am!), we ended up sharing a large chair to sleep on. We cuddled and talked for a good 4 or 5 hours, and then got a couple hours of sleep. After we woke up, we cuddled some more, and then went upstairs to join everyone else and watch a James Bond movie (it was a james bond themed party). He left, I left, no numbers were exchanged. I was kind of bummed out by that honestly, because I thought that we had a connection. So about two days later, said boy finds me on facebook and sends me a friends request. We exchanged instant messenger screen names, and chatted every once in a while. No biggie....

Well, this boy, let's call him SS, goes to school about 6 hours away from our hometown. It came time for his spring break, and he sent me a message on facebook saying that he'd love to hang out. We talked about it on AIM for a bit, but he then realized that he couldn't come home because he had a lot of work to do on his senior project. He(finally!) asked for my number so we could chat since he wasn't coming home. So, we began talking on the phone. All of a sudden, taking us both completely off gaurd, we began talking for 5, 6 hours at a time, staying in touch through texts all day long, and really beginning to like each other. It seemed crazy because he was 6 hours away, but we didn't care. So this has been going on for about 2 weeks. I think that we have something really special. We are getting to know each other so well because we talk so much. And I have to say, I really really care about him. About a week ago, he said something along the lines of, "my friends are asking what the deal is with the two of us, and I don't really know what to say or what to call you." I laughed and said I was getting the same thing. A few hours later I get a text that says, "baby?" and I say, "yes?" and he says, "be mine?" So I say, "if you want me to be." Well then he called and we talked about it, and he told me that even though he's far away, he really wants to be together and make it work, and he'll be home in 6 weeks from school, and let's give it a try. so we are boyfriend/girlfriend now. Is it completely strange that I have a boyfriend that I've hung out with once but talk to probably more than a lot of people do in their relationships? I understand that it is odd, and some of my friends tell me that I'm crazy, but I really care for him. He doesn't play "the game" like all of the other guys that I've encountered lately. he tells me how he feels, tells me I'm beautiful, he's just a great guy. Plus, he's super smart (double major in two ridiculously intelligent subjects). and Friday afternoon I get a text from him that says, "I want to say the L word to you because I love what we have." And normally I would freak out over something like that, but I didnt'. At all. Maybe because I don't see it ending, and only getting better once he's home.

So this Saturday, we are meeting in a city halfway between us. We booked a hotel for the night, and we are going to go have a nice dinner, watch a movie, and cuddle. I'm so excited to see him. And with him, I don't have to worry about him getting the wrong idea about the fact that we are staying in a hotel together. he is respectful and sweet, and it is highly unlikely that there will be anything more than kissing going on. However, there will hopefully be LOTS AND LOTS of kissing!

I am super excited about this, and I really hope it goes well! Wish me luck!

No comments: