Friday, April 20, 2007

{boring}with fried rice

So here I sit, on a Friday Night, watching What Not to Wear and eating chicken with fried rice. Kind of sad, huh? Actually, it's not that bad, although I am pretty bored. My two BFF's are out of town this weekend, and all of my other friends have their kids and/or their significant others' kid(s). Combine that with the fact that my BFF is at a bed&breakfast with her boyfriend for the weekend, and you could say I'm feeling slightly lonely. Could be the fact that my ex, who said less than a month ago that he "wanted to say the L word to me because he loves what we have" has kicked me to the curb. Yeah, that's possibly why!

Maybe I'll IM one of the old guys (not old as in age, by the way) I met from match.com a while back. Ok, done. We'll see if he responds. ha. Just so you know, this is out of sheer boredom. The reason I stopped talking to this guy is because before we even had a chance to meet, he went out and nabbed himself a good old DUI. Yeah, no thanks.

So here's some news about your twenty-something friend here. I quit my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad job! Yes, yes I did. I hated it, it made me unhappy, and I just decided that it was not worth the unhappiness. I got a job at a daycare, making 2 dollars less an hour than I was making at my previous job. That's kind of a scary thought. Well, the day after I got the job at the daycare, I got a call from another job that I had applied for. This one is also is very flexible with scheduling, which I need because I am a full time student, AND it pays the same as my previous job. So I was in a bit of a pickle! I'm going to interview with the second job, and if I get it, see if I can arrange the schedules so that I can pull about 15 hours a week at both and see which one works better for me, or possibly just keep both.

Because, well, I need more than $8 an hour. The BFF and I are looking at apartments, and hope to move out by June 1st. Although I can swing it if I decide to stick with the daycare job by itself, it's going to be tough. And although I'd rather be broke as a joke and move out of my parent's house, it would be nice to be able to have some money for things other than rent/utilities. You know, like beer, shoes, and clothes! I think I may need to become a phone sex operator on the side. hehe. :-P

Oh, and a big thanks to dolly for linking me! I read your blog all the time and love it! I'm feelin sorta special right now. So yay for that.

No comments: